Ricotta

04 September 2012

I have recently started to buy this cheese on a regular basis as it is an ingredient in one of my favourite pasta dishes.  I buy it in a small tub (250g) and the recipe only uses half the tub so I love to find ways of using the other half.  The pasta dish I use it for is really quick and easy to make.  Like so many of the dishes I cook this is an adaptation of one I find in a recipe book.  I usually adapt the, because they contain ingredients that make me ill, on this occassion I forget what I miss out and why as I no longer refer to the recipe.  The quantities I have given are approx, I do not weigh anything out for this recipe any longer, you may prefer more spinach.

Spinach and Ricotta Sauce

125g ricotta
50g finely grated Parmesan or similar type cheese if you are vegetarian
15g butter
250g fresh spinach shredded
3 good sized cloves garlic crushed
15g butter

Put your pasta on to cook.

Heat oven to 100°c.  Put the ricotta, Parmesan and butter in a bowl and place in the oven to melt them together forna few minutes stir and return to oven.

Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently cook the garlic for a few minutes add the spinach and cook until reduced.  Add the cheese mix.

Mix the sauce with the cooked pasta and eat.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! I started making my own ricotta cheese this year. It is so easy!
    Greer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, would love to know how you make ricotta! Will have to do a search.

      Delete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)