Reading

17 December 2012

I used to have a wonderful independent bookshop in my nearby town which has sadly closed now.  As a result I find it really difficult to find it much more difficult to find good books.  I love reading poetry with my children, the now gone local bookshop used to have a whole bookshelf devoted to children's poetry.  I asked my mum to find a good poetry/rhyme (not nursery rhymes) book for my youngest's birthday earliest this year and she found this gem:


All Join In written and illustrated by the wonderful Quentin Blake.  The rhymes are funny, clever and great for children to join in with, as the title suggests.




The pictures that accompany the rhymes are as funny as the rhymes themselves.  We love to read these rhymes over and over and I could never get fed up of reading this lovely book.

Joining in with The Children's Bookshelf for a sharing of all things related to Children's books.

4 comments:

  1. We love this book too, the illustrations are so funny, my children love them. Have you tried 'Poems for the very young' chosen by Michael Rosen and illustrated by Bob Graham (one of favourite children's writers& illustrators too) There are lots of funny poems in there x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to look out for that book, I love both those writers.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen this book, but our "go to" poetry book was Big Book of Poems by Bill Martin Jr. Thanks for sharing your pick with The Children's Bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this book yet, but it looks great. Thanks for linking up to The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)