Reading

07 January 2013

My youngest was given a great book for Christmas which I thought I would share with you all.

It is mostly a picture book with a few words and is intended to be looked at and talked about.  Each time we read this book we notice something different and the discussion always varies.


The book, Just Imagine by Pippa Goodhart with illustrations by Nick Sharratt, offers the child the chance to imagine themselves as a lot of weird and wonderful things, being very big or small, made of something else such as cheese, live in a different era etc.




This book is going to last us for many years as some of the concepts in this book are really aimed at an older age.  I can see us possibly using this book as a starting point for exploration, games or writing stories.  I hope it is a book I never tire of looking at.

Joining in with The Children's Bookshelf for a sharing of all things related to children's books.

6 comments:

  1. That looks like one to add to my wishlist! I love books which you can explore with your children, they start off such interesting conversations. We have just spent the morning at the library and came home with so many great books, we love books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This books looks like lots of fun. Thank you for linking up to The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have You Choose from Pippa Goodhart and Nick Sharratt on my blog Story Snug today. Such great books :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! Do you think it would be good for a four-year-old?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most definitely and it will last for a few years.

      Delete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)