Reading

21 January 2013

Despite most of the rest of the country being covered in snow, we have had very little, a dusting.  Whilst we are waiting for the snow we have been reading a lovely book this week about snow. Snow Bears by Martin Waddell.


It is the story of three bears who go out to play in the snow.  When their mother joins them they are covered in snow and she asks where her bear babies have gone, they then proceed to pretend they are not her babies but snow bears.  They have lots of fun in the snow with mummy bear before heading inside to warm up by the fire, where something strange happens to the snow bears.....


This is a delightful, gentle story which my youngest has enjoyed at bedtime every night this week.  The illustrations are a beautiful accompaniment to the story.



Joining in with The Children's Bookshelf a sharing all things related to children's books.

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun book, and the illustrations look wonderful.
    Snowing here - again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Martin Waddell, I remember reading this one over and over again when Mia was 3 and Tarka was only 1! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have not really had any snow this winter and it has been a disappointment to my children. Thank you for sharing this book! It sounds like one my little ones would enjoy. I've got to see if my library carries it.

    Thank you for paying my blog a visit. :)
    Cynthia
    Brambleberriesintherain.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! We had a teeny bit of snow today but I love books about snow. Thanks for linking up to The Children's Bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls adore this book, I have read it many, many times :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a lovely book. Thanks for sharing at The Children's Bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)