Reading

11 February 2013

We have been reading lots of books about Winter recently and we have had lots of lovely story books from our local library.  I wanted to buy one book to add to our new seasonal table that I have created.  I scoured blogs and the Internet for good ones and asked for suggestions on the forum that I visit.  One suggestion really caught my eye, it sounded like it would be suitable for both my children so I went ahead and bought a copy.


The Winter Book by Rotraut Susanne Berner is a compilation of stories,


poems, songs,


writing on winter festivals including Diwali, Winter Solstice, Hanukkah and Christmas, and lovely pictures.


Both the children have loved having different parts of the book read to them and my eldest has read much of the book himself.

I very much hope that this book will be read and looked at for years to come.

Joining in with The Children's Bookshelf a link up of all things relating to Children's books.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love children's books that talk about different countries and customs! Definitely worth checking the library for! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen that book and it looks really lovely, one to add to my wihlist, which is getting longer and longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look and sound of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks so cozy. Thanks for sharing at The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)