Knitting

08 May 2013


Same old I am sharing today.  I am working away at the hat I shared last week, it is slowly growing.  I am loving the pattern that is emerging from this yarn.  The pattern is not complicated a few rows of garter stitch and now lots of rows of stocking stitch, the yarn is patterned enough that I feel it does not need a complicated set of stitches to go with it.  At some point I will need to think about decreasing but not yet.  I have lots of ideas for other knitting projects for this year but have not found the time to cast them on yet, my garden is taking up so much of my time at the moment so for now knitting has to take a bit of a back seat.

I am still enjoying the book, Instances of the Number 3 by Salley Vickers, I am about halfway through now.  I love where the book is taking me, on a journey of discovery for all the characters.

Joining in with Tami for this weeks work in progress and Ginny for this weeks sharing of knitting and reading.

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your garden, it is so lovely to be outdoors this time of the year. Your knitting work is beautiful I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yarn. It is really bright and playful. I bet it is a ton of fun to knit with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when yarn makes its own texture. I used some called Crofters DK once that resulted in a lovely striped pattern similar to yours. my knitting is also slowing down as the work in the garden speeds up (thank goodness for our long, long light evenings up here in the North!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great. What is that yarn? I've just joined a KAL and it would be perfect (although I doubt if I could get it here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Rico Superba Bamboo in the orange colourway.

      Delete
  5. Such fun yarn - it always amazes me how self patterning yarn is made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that pattern all from the yarn?!? It's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is going to be a very cute hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely yarn!

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-87/

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)