She is made using the same process as King Winter, a waldorf doll style head mounted onto a base, with pipe cleaners wrapped in wool for the arms. She has a 'petticoat' under her skirt to give it some fullness, a round piece of material which is gathered up round the base and post and sewn to the blouse.
Her hair is wool, I used the roving yarn that I made a fulled/felted bowl I shared a few weeks ago. It reminds me of a great aunt I loved to visit as a child, it was a similar colour and she always wore it in a plaited bun, I never saw it down so had no idea how long it was.
She has a cloak...
....and a shawl, knitted in moss/seed stitch with decreases every other row to give a triangular shape.
All the materials I used were in my fabric or wool stash, either leftovers from other projects or old pieces of clothing I keep for repairing and patching, which was very satisfy and somehow in keeping with the character herself.
I am rather pleased with her, she now stands in pride of place on our seasonal table along with the daffodils I made last year, a felt sheep and lamb and some flower fairies we have been making which I will share with you another time.
Joining in with Nicole for the weekly sharing of crafting on her lovely blog, head on over to see what others have been making......