Moments...

04 August 2014


...this week of...

...happiness a wonderful camp with a fantastic group of teenagers, a family bike ride, rain for my garden, the produce in my garden, an afternoon with friends celebrating one of their birthdays

...sadness at blame

...creating shawl, birthday cakes, birthday cards, blackcurrant and mint muffins

...reading the last book in the Oryx and Crake trilogy MaddAddam by the wonderful Margaret Atwood one of my favourite authors, to the children The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis, and these picture books* you can read a short review of them here, 191. Summer Story by Jill Barklem, 192. The Moomins and the Great Flood by Tove Jansson, 193. Mama, is is Summer Yet? by Nikki McClure, 194, Alfie Gives a Hand by Shirley Hughes, 195. Katie Morag and the Grand Concert by Mairi Hedderwick, 196. In the Land of the Faeries by Daniela Drescher

...learning about whales, swords, warriors and writing

...thinking about doing some foraging this week and good spots to do it

...hoping to be able to cancel our veg bag delivery this week and eat entirely from the garden

...wondering about how many play dates I should put in the diary and how many days to keep 'blank' for days at home

...looking forward to catching up with a few friends who I haven't seen for weeks


*as part of the 300 Picture Books Challenge

****************


I hope you have had a lovely week too......................enjoy the one to come!

If I haven't visited your space recently I will soon, just catching up after being away!

12 comments:

  1. Your weeks always sound like a well balanced mix. I try to keep some time blank in my diary for just being at home too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I have decided to do, have a day at home that is!

      Delete
  2. I love reading which books you're reading, brings back lots of happy memories of reading some of the same books to my children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurray for veg from the garden, glad you had a good time at camp x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those muffins look delicious.
    I make a point of not over-filling my diary anymore. Pottering around the house is just as important as anything else (at times even more so). xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The muffins were delicious I shall definitely be making them again!

      Delete
  5. Lucky you getting rain... we are so dry here! Love the sound of all your creating as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the first rain we have had in two months which is so unusual for us.

      Delete
  6. How exciting to eat exclusively from your garden! Good for you, I've have always wanted to keep a big veg garden for us but I think I'm a few years away from that yet. Can't wait to see your Prairie shawl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only manage to eat exclusively from the garden for a couple of weeks of the year but it still feels wonderful when we do manage it :)

      Delete
  7. Liking the sound of your blackcurrant and mint muffins and eating entirely from the produce in your garden, what an achievement!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just finished the Oryx and Crake trilogy, wonderful books!

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)