Moments...

11 August 2014


...this week of...

...happiness finally making it to the waterfall for a walk - with friends, taking the canoe out for the day and cooking supper on a fire by the lake, veggies from my garden

...sadness that the weather has turned wet and wild preventing us from going on our wild camping trip, when the weather was hot I was too busy with volunteer commitments

...reading Citadel by Kate Mosse, to the children The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis, and these picture books* you can read a short review of them here, 197. Yummy Scrummy by Ashley Birch.  198. Star Seeker by Theresa Heine, 199. Autumn by Anita Ganeri, 200. Stuck by Oliver Jeffers, 201. Betty and the Yeti by Ella Burfoot, 202. Felix the Fast Tractor and the Coal Delivery by Catherine Cannon

...creating homemade toothpaste, a christmas present, blackcurrant smoothie, rows on a shawl

...learning about river flow, weather, clouds, the solar system, alphabet, autumn festivals, our bodies

...thinking about christmas presents, yes I know it is early but as I make as many as possible I have to start now!

...hoping to harvest my whitecurrants and garlic this week

...wondering if I have enough veggies in my garden to cancel my veg bag for another week

..looking forward to a day out on a classic coach with a visit to a castle

*as part of the 300 Picture Books Challenge

****************


I hope you have had a lovely week too......................enjoy the one to come!

5 comments:

  1. Creating homemade toothpaste - that sounds interesting!
    Lovely photo of the waterfall. Unfortunately the weather is wet and wild over here too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you using for the toothpaste? Sounds interesting. You always seem to have a great mix of moments - a life well lived by the sound of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope the weather will turn around for you and you will get to go on that wild camping trip. Your upcoming trip to a castle sounds wonderful! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your not the only one thinking about Christmas presents. I've been thinking I want to get all the gifts sorted and put away. All our birthdays are in October and November too so it would be good to not have to think about anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a trip to a castle sounds delightful! Do have fun!
    What do you use for homemade toothpaste? Do you care to share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)