Moments...

15 December 2014



...this week of...

...happiness seeing my brother and how he has improved in the month since his accident, a quiet week at home hiding from the Christmas madness, a walk in the woods in less than good weather we all thought it was great fun!

...sadness at the insidiousness of advertising

...creating bunting, rows on a scarf, a finished vest, a sock, Lussekatter

...reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and  Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase by Louise Walters, to the children Tumtum and Nutmeg's Christmas Adventure by Emily Bearn, and these picture books you can read a short review of them here, 285. Anthony Ant's Creepy Crawly Party by Lorna and Graham Philpott, 286. Anthony Ant's Treasure Hunt by Lorna and Graham Philpott, 287. Sparkle Street: The Daisy Disaster by Vivian French, 288. Where in the World is Bob? by James Bowen, 289. Polly's Pink Pyjamasby Vivian French, 290. The Gift by Carol Ann Duffy, 291. Otto the Book Bear by Kate Cleminson.

...learning about Castles, how to identify trees in Winter, St Nicholas, St Lucia, a fairy house and garden, gnomes, angels

...thinking about all those who do not have a warm house at this very cold time of year

...wondering if I have time to make some bunting for our house

...hoping to get all my Christmas makes finished by the weekend

...enjoying this

...looking forward to finishing a scarf this week which it feels like I have been knitting for months (I have!) the end is now in sight......

5 comments:

  1. glad your brother is recovering x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for those who have no warm home at this time of year. I can not imagine. I hope you get all your creative endeavors finished by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that feeling when you're so close to finishing something you've been working on for months is so great - I hope your scarf turns out to be everything wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The advertising does is always a bit much for me, but this time of year it can be over the top. Yay for finishing the scarf. I decided two weeks ago that my hubby needed a new scarf for Christmas, so I am madly knitting away. Not much left to go, and it should be done this weekend.

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear news about your brother, I can only imagine everyone must be so relieved he is recovering.

    Congratulations on coming near the end of your scarf! I had barely worked on a scarf for my poor husband before I gave up - or at least put it down for a long while :( maybe it for next Christmas... xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)